Fans of Rachel Bilson rejoiced this week with the rumored news of her pregnancy, and for me at least, this sign of the times had me feeling a little bit older than usual. If you think back, Bilson's most notable role as the often sassy Summer Roberts on The OC, ended over five years ago. Five years! That is more than enough time to make me sit back and reminisce about all of the things I loved about our favorite Orange County teenagers. It seems like just yesterday Summer and Seth were kissing in the rain, Spiderman style.
In the spirit of nostalgia and celebrating all things Bilson, it seems highly appropriate to point out just some of Summer's most memorable and talked about fashion moments during her long run on The OC. From countless bikini's to myriad strapless dresses, Summer always found a way to look good — even with unruly beach hair. Her style stood out thanks to her feisty attitude and innate ability to have everyone around her drooling with lust, especially Seth Cohen. Take a look now at the some of the best style moments that Summer Roberts had to offer.
1. THAT TIME SHE ROCKED A BANDANA AND MADE IT SEEM COOL
There is a time and place to wear a bandana, and Summer knew exactly when that time was.
2. How To Look Classy When You're Angry
She may have had a short fuse, but Summer knew when to keep it cool, and when to act on her anger — while still looking fabulous.
3. YOU CAN Hang With The Guys AND STILL LOOK CUTE
Having to get her hands dirty never stopped Summer from staying on trend.
4. ALWAYS MAKE AN EFFORT TO LOOK GOOD FOR YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
You may never leave the house looking like this, but it is a small price to pay to keep your relationship happy.
5. THERE IS NEVER A WRONG TIME TO WEAR A BIKINI
Living in California helped with this one.
6. ALWAYS TAKE ANY OPPORTUNITY TO WALK DOWN A RUNWAY
Because, why wouldn't you?
7. The Weather Forecast Doesn't Have to Rule Your Daily Outfits
There may not be snow in California, but that furry hat made her look so adorable.
8. NEVER TAKE YOURSELF TOO SERIOUSLY
Even when dressed up, it is important to remember to be yourself.
9. A Wonder Woman Costume Never Fails To Impress
If Summer Roberts taught us anything, it was the power of dress up.