Fifth Harmony vs. Little Mix: Let's Learn The Difference Between These Girl Groups
Ever since the Spice Girls, we've been in desperate need of a new girl group. Luckily, there are two rising in popularity lately: Little Mix and Fifth Harmony. And fun fact, both of them consider the Spice Girls an inspiration. While this is great news, there is a slight downside. It's sometimes tricky to tell these two apart. But don't worry, I've decided to break down the differences, so you won't make the mistake of mixing them up ever again.
First, let's start with how similar these two groups actually are. Both formed thanks to a little show (OK, a huge show) called The X Factor. A key difference? Little Mix was on the UK version and 5H is from the states. Also, unfortunately for the latter, they didn't win the show. But I mean, the Fifth Harmony girls are still winners, since they're successful now and nominated for a VMA. Another similarity is that they're both signed to Simon Cowell's record label, Syco Music. They also share an affinity for girl power anthems. So basically you can't go wrong with listening to either of their songs. Oh, and both of them joined Demi Lovato on her Neon Lights Tour this year.
Besides these obvious similarities, there are plenty of other differences. It's like mixing up One Direction and 5SOS. Or a more familiar analogy, Backstreet Boys and *NSYNC. As all '90s girls know, they are very different. So let's break it down:
- Won Season 8 of The X Factor in 2011. They were the first group to win the show.
- The girls are from the United Kingdom.
- Consists of four members: Perrie Edwards, Jesy Nelson, Leigh-Anne Pinnock, and Jade Thirlwall
- Two albums: DNA and Salute
- Perrie is engaged to Zayn Malik of One Direction. This is the 2014 equivalent of Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake dating. All is right in the world of pop.
- Teamed up with BeatBullying, Europe's largest anti-bullying organization, to support their campaigns to end cyberbullying.
- Fans call themselves "Mixers"
- Hit songs: "Wings," "How Ya Doin'?" and the Beyonce-esque "Salute"
- Came in third place on the second season of The X Factor.
- The girls are from the United States.
- Consists for five members: Ally Brooke Hernandez, Normani Hamilton, Dinah Jane Hansen, Camila Cabello, and Lauren Jauregui
- One album: Reflection, scheduled to come out in October
- Camila was rumored to be dating Austin Mahone, but he denied those rumors and said they're just friends.
- Teamed up with Do Something and Aeropostale for their Teens for Jeans campaign, collecting jeans for homeless teens.
- Fans call themselves "Harmonizers"
- Hit songs: "Miss Movin' On," "Me & My Girls," & their latest single, "BO$"
In case you need a recap, I created this handy venn diagram. Print out a copy and refer to it whenever necessary:
Images: Getty Images; Jamie Primeau/Bustle