Seriously, what can't Tom Hiddleston do? He dances. He sings. He's an amazing actor. He can make anyone swoon with his words. He's always smiling (seriously — all the time and it's lovely). He makes fans dreams come true. Oh, and Hiddleston turned Loki into a lovable villain, who many fans would rather see succeed over Thor. He really can do it all and seemingly knows it all. For example, Tom Hiddleston knows a lot about friendship, especially when it comes to being BFFs with Benedict Cumberbatch. That's why it's time we focus on all those amazing quotes from the actor about friendship.
Just add the Crimson Peak star's knowledge about what friendship truly means to the long list of reasons everyone should admire this beautiful, beautiful man (inside and out, of course). Whether he's giving compliments to his real-life besties, talking about what makes a good friend (and what doesn't), or showing how important sharing is, he knows what is needed to be a true friend. Basically, he'd be the greatest BFF anyone could ask for.
So, here are eight quotes from Tom Hiddleston about friendship that will continue to prove how perfect he is — and how badly we wall want to be his best friend forever.
1. “He’s one of my best friends. It’s as simple as that. It’s funny how people have framed us together in a way. He’s just a great, amazing, brilliant actor.”
While talking with TheStar.com, Hiddleston gushed about Cumberbatch, because why wouldn't he want to chat about the Sherlock actor, who is also his BFF? Remember, it's important to always compliment your friends and recognize just how amazing they are.
2. "Know that whatever bullies say or do, it comes from their weakness, not yours... the best revenge against bullies is absolutely, resolutely, never let them change who you are."
As the Thor actor wrote on Twitter, bullies don't make friends. Basically, your true friends will never ask you to change who you are for them, or make you feel bad for who you are.
3. "I really want to share it with you, but this one's mine. I know there will be one for you."
During an appearance on Sesame Street, Hiddleston taught Cookie Monster about self-control. Not only is sharing important, but so is waiting your turn.
4. “True love is an acceptance of someone else for who they are.”
Hiddleston knows what love is all about, and we should all listen to him on the matter.
5. “Thought for the day. Don’t judge people on who they used to be. Allow them to be who they are. See them ‘now.’ Not ‘then.’"
Who else loves when Hiddleston is so wise on Twitter? Friends never judge and love people for their real selves.
6. “Make sure you tell the people you love that you love them. Loudly and often. You never know when it might be too late.”
Again, Hiddleston utilizing Twitter the right way. Never forget to tell your friends how much you love them, care for them, and appreciate them.
7. "I have very, very good friends that I made there, but just like anyone, the friends that you make when you're growing up are the people who really know you."
While chatting with British GQ, Hiddleston talked his friendships from school. He's so right: those who've known you the longest, know you best and usually make the greatest friends.
8. "We have completely made amends and he's still my best friend."
Also during his British GQ interview, Hiddleston showed even he makes mistakes with friends. After promising to go to his friend's wedding, he missed it thanks to Steven Spielberg (he starred in the director's film War Horse). Despite they're falling out, Hiddleston and his friend "made amends" proving you can still be friends with those you fight with.
Tom, I will be your BFF whenever you need. Just let me know.