13 Galentine's Day Quotes You Can Share On Facebook
Have you heard of Galentine’s Day? It’s only the best day of the year. Well, that’s what Leslie Knope, the fictional character played by Amy Poehler on the hit show Parks and Recreation declares. Galentine’s Day is the day before Valentine’s Day when you celebrate your female friends just as hard as you’ll celebrate with your romantic partner (or partners or the person you pick up in a bar) the next day. It’s a day to say, “Hey, girl. I see you — and I love you.”
I’m one of those people who refers to multiple women as my “best friend.” There’s my best friend from college; my best friend from Argentina; my best friend from Vietnam; my best friend from New York. And, of course, there’s my OG best friend, my BFF, who’s been with me since we were 13. Together we’ve gone through everything from learning why it’s not a good idea to take four shots of vodka in a row to shattered hearts to college admissions to — recently — taking a bath with an elephant. When she started wearing skinny jeans I made fun of her for how much crap she gave me for them the previous year; when I started doing yoga, she did the same.
So, in a culture that puts so much emphasis on romance and marriage (especially for women), Galentine’s Day is a great day to acknowledge the other super important people in your life. To celebrate, here are 13 Galentine’s Day quotes that you can share on Facebook.
1. “Well, female friendships are f*cking extraordinary. They don’t have to be sexual to be intense love affairs. A breakup with a female friend can be more traumatic than a breakup with a lover.” —Keira Knightly, The Advocate, July 2014
2. "Female friendship has been the bedrock of women’s lives for as long as there have been women.” -Rebecca Traister, New York Times, February 27, 2016
3. "There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.” -Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey
4. "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” — C.S. Lewis
5. "There is nothing like puking with somebody to make you into old friends." -Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar
6. "Some people go to priests. Others to poetry. I to my friends.” -Virginia Woolfe, The Waves
7. "There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met." - Jim Henson, "I'm Going To Go Back There Someday”
8. “A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.” -Elbert Hubbard
9. “Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind.
"Pooh!" he whispered.
"Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. "I just wanted to be sure of you.”
-A.A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
10. “There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” ― Linda Grayson
11, “Why did you do all this for me?' he asked. 'I don't deserve it. I've never done anything for you.' 'You have been my friend,' replied Charlotte. 'That in itself is a tremendous thing.” ― E.B. White, Charlotte's Web
12. “Growing apart doesn't change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I'm glad for that.” ― Ally Condie, Matched
13. “Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and to have her nonsense respected.”― Charles Lamb, The Life, Letters and Writings of Charles Lamb
Happy Galentine's Day!