13 Women’s Equality Quotes For Your Women’s March Sign
'Tis the season, and night, to make a sign for the Women’s March on Washington on Saturday. After all, there’s still time to take a stand for what you believe in and put pen to poster board. There are several women’s equality quotes for your Women’s March sign, all of which are poignant — and essential — messages to convey to the public. And, hopefully, to those now in the White House. With so many topics out there, from reproductive rights to immigration, the sign possibilities are endless.
Of course, aside from the Women’s March on Washington, there will be sister marches held in several cities across the United States, from the West Coast to the Midwest to the East Coast, in cities such as San Francisco, Chicago, and New York. The more women who march, the better, and the more signs, the better. After all, you want to get your point across — whether it’s through marching or marching with a sign in hand. And you want to convey a lot in just a few words, as many as you can fit onto your poster board, something people can easily read in just a glance.
That said, stumped on what to write on your sign? Without further ado, here are 13 women’s equality quotes for your Women’s March sign, because they’re so powerful you don’t even need to create your own catchphrase.
1. "A gender-equal society would be one where the word 'gender' does not exist: where everyone can be themselves." — Gloria Steinem
2. "Human rights are women's rights, and women's rights are human rights." — Hillary Clinton
3. "It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent." — Madeleine Albright
4. "[Feminism is] equality: politically; culturally; socially; economically. That’s it, that simple." — Emma Watson
5. "I do not wish women to have power over men; but over themselves." — Mary Shelley
6. "There never will be complete equality until women themselves help to make laws and elect lawmakers." — Susan B. Anthony
7. "Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got." — Janis Joplin
8. "We cannot succeed when half of us are held back." — Malala Yousafzai
9. "We need to understand that there is no formula for how women should lead their lives." — Hillary Clinton
10. "If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it." — Margaret Fuller
11. "Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent." — Eleanor Roosevelt
12. "Excellence is the best deterrent to racism or sexism." — Oprah Winfrey
13. "We've chosen the path to equality, don't let them turn us around." — Geraldine Ferraro
With all the above quotes, it’s impossible not to feel inspired as well as empowered, right? As you make your sign, you won’t have writers’ block if you use a women’s equality quote for your Women’s March sign. In any case, happy marching!