15 Carrie Fisher Memes & Tributes To Share When You Just Miss Her Too Much
By now, you’ve probably heard the news that Carrie Fisher died on Tuesday. The 60-year-old actor/writer suffered from a massive heart attack on a flight from London to Los Angeles on Friday and everyone had been rooting for Fisher to get better ever since.
Fisher, aka Princess Leia from the Star Wars franchise, had many iconic film and TV roles throughout her life aside from the renowned princess, from Hannah and Her Sisters and When Harry Met Sally to Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce and Catastrophe. Her sense of comedic timing was right on, and apparent in her writing, too, as you may remember from the book and screenplay Postcards from the Edge, as well as from Wishful Drinking, which was based on her one-woman show. I happened to see Wishful Drinking when it first came out in Los Angeles and Fisher’s honest-yet-funny performance stayed with me long after the show was over and my respect for her deepened even more. As of late, Fisher had been mid-book tour for her newest memoir, The Princess Diarist.
For years, Fisher had been open about her struggle with addiction and being bipolar. She'd become a mental health advocate and received the Outstanding Lifetime Achievement Award in Cultural Humanism from Harvard this past year.
Of course, as Princess Leia, Fisher helped revolutionize the idea that women everywhere could be badass princesses just like she was, and her legacy, as a princess and non-princess, onscreen and off, will live on. And if you're feeling sad about her passing, you’re not alone. Fans all over the world have taken to Twitter to share Fisher memes and tributes.
1. Of Course, Fisher's Star Wars Family Is Grieving
2. And It Goes Without Saying Fisher Is With The Force Now
3. It's Time To Keep Fisher's Legacy Alive
We're the Rebellion now, we better not let the General down. #CarrieFisher— Katie Mack (@AstroKatie) December 27, 2016
4. And Remember All The Good Times
Carrie FIsher e Harrison Ford durante as filmagens de Star Wars. pic.twitter.com/DJQkTrjkGn— Pablo Villaça (@pablovillaca) December 27, 2016
5. Fisher Was A Lot More Than Princess Leia
If you only knew Carrie Fisher through Star Wars, you only knew 1/1000 of her wit, talent, and depth. I'll miss that part most of all.— Joel Rubin (@JoelRubin_) December 27, 2016
6. We Will Continue To Follow Fisher's Advice
I keep this by my desk. Words like these are spells for survival and I'm grateful that they will never die. Thank you so much, Carrie. pic.twitter.com/AbtlaRm8al— laur 🏳️🌈 (@scullybox) December 27, 2016
7. And Need To Remember The Importance Of Mental Health And Not To Give Up
Carrie Fisher dedicated her platform to mental health awareness & female empowerment. She is a reason + reminder to keep up your fight. RIP— h (@halsey) December 27, 2016
8. Carrie Fisher Reminded Everyone That She Was Human, Just Like Us
Carrie Fisher was awe-inspiring because she was just so completely... HER. She aged, gained weight, got sick, got better, with no shame.— Sady Doyle (@sadydoyle) December 27, 2016
9. Fisher Also Reminded Us That There Is No Shame In Being Mentally Ill Or Struggling
10. ICYMI, Fisher Tried To Explain What It's Like To Be Bipolar
carrie fisher explains bipolar disorder pic.twitter.com/eh2TRxq490— tommy (@heterostraight) December 27, 2016
11. Through The Decades, She Personified Love
12. Fisher's Legend, Star Wars-Related And Not, Will Live On
13. Fisher Once Joked That This Should Be Her Obituary
Carrie Fisher dies at 60, drowned in moonlight, strangled by her own bra. pic.twitter.com/HiQZkfLsyr— GelliedCran6Ice (@gemini6ice) December 27, 2016
14. "Millions Of Fans" Is An Understatement
15. Couldn't Have Said It Better
As Fisher said above, "May the Force be with you." And hopefully it’s with her now too.