15 Dog Quotes To Use As Instagram Captions On National Dog Day 2017
Personally, as a dog mom, every day is National Dog Day. But officially, National Dog Day falls on Saturday, Aug. 26, and you better believe I'm going to go all out on celebrating. I will take any excuse to celebrate my dog — his half birthday, his adoption anniversary, Cesar Millan's birthday, anything. But, one of my favorite ways to celebrate my dog is to obsessively brag about him on Instagram. If you are dog crazy, you know what I'm talking about — and you are probably looking for some witty National Dog Day Instagram caption ideas.
I post so many pictures of my dog that I sometimes wonder if people think that my account is a fan account for him. But I just *really* like him — what can I say? If you are obsessed with your pup too, and plan on celebrating via Instagram, you will want to get your paws on a few heady, or adorable, or hilarious, or heartwarming dog quotes to help make your post extra special. Lucky for you, I regularly spend time browsing the internets for such quotes, so I am happy to share with you some of my favorites. If you are looking for some inspiration, here are some wise words to get you started.
1. "I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me, they are the role model for being alive." — Gilda Radner
2. "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." — Ben Williams
3. "Dogs don’t rationalize. They don’t hold anything against a person. They don’t see the outside of a human but the inside of a human." — Cesar Millan
4. "I’ve seen a look in dogs’ eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." — John Steinbeck
5. "Dogs never bite me. Just humans." — Marilyn Monroe
6. "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."— Roger Caras
7. "A dog is the only thing that can mend a crack in your broken heart." — Judy Desmond
8. "The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog." ― M.K. Clinton
9. "If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience." — Woodrow Wilson
10. "Why does watching a dog be a dog fill one with happiness?" — Jonathan Safran Foer
11. "Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished." — Dean Koontz
12. "Such short little lives our pets have to spend with us, and they spend most of it waiting for us to come home each day." — John Grogan
13. "Scratch a dog and you’ll find a permanent job." — Franklin P. Jones
14. "Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen." — Orhan Pamuk
15. "If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons." — James Thurber
TL;DR: National Dog Day is the best, and I'm so excited to scroll through my Instagram feed come Aug. 26.