15 Empowering Feminist Quotes To Share On Facebook & Show Your Support For The Women's March
After weeks of build-up, the day has finally come: the Women's March on Washington is underway, and people all across the country are taking to the streets to protest President Trump taking office. Regardless of whether or not you're able to march, consider these feminist quotes to share on Facebook. Because of the sheer number of people showing solidarity for women — the Women's March in D.C. is projected to be bigger than Trump's' inauguration — it's an inspiring time to be a woman in America. Despite any obstacles or challenges Trump's administration might bring, the sense of togetherness and inclusivity showcased at the Women's March brings a lot of hope, as early as day one of Trump's term in office.
But if you're unable to make it out to one of the many Women's Marches happening, there are plenty of other ways to show your support for women (and other marginalized and underrepresented groups). One easy way to get in the feminist mindset? By reading some empowering quotes from feminists, and sharing them with your friends — so everyone can get fired up and ready to take action.
For anyone who wants to get in the spirit, here are 15 empowering feminist quotes to inspire you today, especially if you can't make it out to march. And if you're one of the hundreds of thousands participating in the March, use these as inspo for your march signs.
1. "A woman is like a tea bag — you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." — Eleanor Roosevelt
2. "The question isn't who's going to let me; it's who's going to stop me." — Ayn Rand
3. "No woman gets an orgasm from shining the kitchen floor." — Betty Friedan
4. "Women are the real architects of society." — Harriet Beecher Stowe
5. "When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." — Bette Davis
6. "We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead." — Beyoncé
7. "I am a Woman Phenomenally. Phenomenal Woman, that's me." — Maya Angelou
8. "The future depends entirely on what each of us does every day; a movement is only people moving." — Gloria Steinem
9. "I believe that the rights of women and girls is the unfinished business of the 21st century." —Hillary Clinton
10. "Of course I am not worried about intimidating men. The type of man who will be intimidated by me is exactly the type of man I have no interest in." — Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
11. "My idea of feminism is self-determination, and it’s very open-ended: every woman has the right to become herself, and do whatever she needs to do." — Ani DiFranco
12. "I’m a feminist. I’ve been a female for a long time now. It’d be stupid not to be on my own side." — Maya Angelou
13. "A woman with a voice is, by definition, a strong woman." — Melinda Gates
14. "If there's specific resistance to women making movies, I just choose to ignore that as an obstacle for two reasons: I can't change my gender, and I refuse to stop making movies." — Kathryn Bigelow
15. "No country can ever truly flourish if it stifles the potential of its women and deprives itself of the contributions of half its citizens." — Michelle Obama
No matter where you are today, let these feminist quotes inspire you to band together with your fellow ladies, speak up, and make a difference.