15 Journals To Buy For Friends (Or Yourself) This Holiday Season
Whether you are shopping for a literary friend, or you're just in the mood to snag a new piece of stationery for your desk, any of the 15 unique writing journals on the list below would make a great choice.
I have a confession to make. I buy a lot of journals... but I hardly ever write in them. There's something so intimidating about a fresh, clean page. What if I waste space writing the wrong thing? What if I mess up and have to leave an ugly inkblot where I correct myself? Ugh. It's just terrible.
So this is going to be one of those Do as I Say, Not as I Do situations. Because I really want you — or the person on your holiday gifting list, or both — to have a new journal. But I also want you to use it to its fullest. Write, draw, erase, scribble . . . hell, you can even paint in it if you want to. Just grab a creative outlet and go make something beautiful.
1. Bad Girls Throughout History: A Journal
2. Johanna Basford's Secret Garden Journal
3. Star Wars®: Women of the Galaxy Notebook Collection
These three, softcover journals feature portraits of Leia, Rey, and Ahsoka on the covers, with quotes from each of the famous Star Wars characters inside.
4. Zippered Clutch Journal
5. Berkley Bestiary Mini Notebook Set
6. Fill Me In
7. The Dreamday Pattern Journal: Art Deco — Manhattan
For the Gatsby fan on your list, this gorgeous, art deco-inspired journal is sure to delight. In addition to unlined spaces for writing and drawing, this journal also includes patterns to color, so there's something to keep you occupied even on days when you don't feel like pouring your soul out onto the paper.
8. Don't Tell Me to Smile Shark Flexi Journal
9. Wonder Woman™ Logo Red Faux Leather Notebook
10. Brontë Notebook
11. Stack of Classics XLarge Notebook
12. Embroidered Velvet Journal
13. While the Written's Good Notebook
14. Nothing Nice to Say Grumpy Cat Notebook
15. Mermaid Notebook Set
These fanciful, linen-covered notebooks will inspire you all year, especially if you're the type of person who wants to run away to the sea and become a mermaid.