This Reddit User Ghosted Their Boyfriend Of Five Years — But For The Very Best Reason
You probably know all about ghosting, when someone you're seeing or dating suddenly goes MIA — or you do it to them. While some people are against doing so, thinking it's an easy way out, others think ghosting's the best thing to do given the current situation. After all, every relationship is different, so ghosting maybe a case-by-case basis. Recently, a Reddit user explained why they ghosted their boyfriend of five years — and it's actually for a very good reason. The user, throwawayaccountrar, explained the story via Reddit's "Confession" thread, and redditors and the Twitterverse have been 100 percent on board with this ghosting decision. So on board, in fact, that the story's gone viral.
In the post, the user explains exactly what happened, and why ghosting was best for them in this instance. "I came over to his house one morning to surprise him with breakfast and a video game he wanted, only to find him naked, asleep, and with his ex curled up in his arms," they wrote. "He didn't hear me come in, so I closed his bedroom door, and left his breakfast and game on the kitchen counter along with my key to his house. I went to my car, deactivated my Facebook, and blocked him on all other forms of social media. I then called my phone provider to change my number before driving off. I texted family members and close friends that we were no longer together and to block him on social media, as well. I didn’t tell them why. I was in a position to end the lease at my apartment early, and I started a new job in a different city later that week..."
Here's The Reddit Post In Its Entirety
As you know, everyone deals with relationship issues and dealbreakers — like being cheated on — differently, and going cold turkey off the person is one of those ways. As you'll see below, the internet is totally supporting this ghosting decision.
1. Some People Took A Comedic, Yet Poignant, Take On The Situation
2. This Person Makes A Good Point
3. Many People Admire What The Redditor Did
4. ...And They're Totally On Their Side
5. The Same Twitter User Felt Inspired, Too
6. This Twitter User Wants The Redditor's Skills
7. People Reaffirmed The Choice
8. People Can *Definitely* Relate
9. People Think It Was The Right Move
10. This Twitter User Thinks It Was A Job Well Done
11. This Twitter User Thinks The Redditor Is Strong
12. This Person Thinks Nothing Would've Been Gained From Confronting The Cheating BF
13. This Person Gave The Redditor A Pep Talk We All Need To Hear
As you can see, redditor's throwawayaccountrar got a lot of love from people on social media. If they found the best closure by ghosting, more power to them. All in all, whether you're a fan of ghosting or not, when it comes to ending a relationship, you need to do what's best for *you*, that's all there is to it.