13 Things That Made You Really Sad In The '90s
Remember when you were a kid and a hangnail was the end of the world? You'd step in a puddle wearing your brand new Keds and wonder why the world was so against you. There were so many things that made us sad in the '90s, pretty much because anything was bound to make us sad as kids. I can remember crying to my mom one time because my brother drank my root beer. I once got into a screaming match with my sister over a washcloth one of us left in the shower. I can remember absolutely losing my sh*t over a game of Snood that I just couldn't win.
It wasn't the '90s' fault. Years later as a young 20-something, I spent about a year working in a daycare. We had a toddler who would actually slam his head onto the tile (several times) when he didn't get what he wanted. Why are we so dramatic as youngsters?!
Technology has made things so easy on us today. Too easy. I think we've forgotten the days of the '90s where we actually had to get up and push a button to turn the TV on and off. Now, I'm guessing I'm not the only one who was upset by these things.
1. When You Found Out Your Celebrity Crush Was Off The Market
I'm sorry, Nick Lachey. Did I say you were allowed to date someone else?
2. When You Found Out Your Favorite Celebrity Couple Called It Quitsies
JT + BS forever.
3. When Your Brother Put An Empty Box Of Shark Bites Back In The Cabinet
I guess someone needs another swirly.
4. When Your Sister Used Your Tattoo Choker As A Headband
She always stretched it out and it never fit right again.
5. The Fact That Sprinkl'ins Just Didn't Come With Enough Sprinkles
The sprinkles were the best part!
6. When Your Popcorn Top Shrunk In The Dryer
It was funny looking to begin with.
7. When Your Pop-A-Point Pencil Lost A Piece
8. When Your Fruit Stripe Bubblegum Tattoo Washed Off
Those things used to make me feel so hardcore.
9. When You Missed The One Channel You Wanted To See On The TV Guide Scroll
Then you'd have to sit and watch the whoooole thing all over again.
10. When Your Capri Sun Exploded Everywhere
Seriously. Whose idea was that miserable little hole that you had to get the straw in?
11. When Your Mom Wouldn't Get Off The Phone
Hello. You have a life too.
12. When The Dial-Up Was Too Slow To Sign Into AOL Instant Messenger
And clearly, talking to your friends on the phone wasn't an option, thanks to your Chatty Cathy mom.
13. Banana Runts
Did anyone like these? No? Carry on.
Images: Giphy (7)