You Can Now Get A We-Vibe Couples Vibrator At CVS, And More Reasons Why More Sex Toys Need To Be Available At Pharmacies

The pharmacy CVS has come along way. Last year they stopped selling all tobacco products, because, well, they’re a pharmacy and really shouldn’t have in the first place, and now they’ve taken healthcare, sexual health specifically, up a notch. Now at 6,200 CVS stores across the country you can get your hands on a vibrator, on The Fling by We-Vibe to be more specific, and it’s really exciting news.

This is the very first vibrator to make its appearance at CVS and is We-Vibe’s most affordable product at only $79.99. We-Vibe is the brand that, with their We-Vibe 4 Plus couples vibrator, breathed new life into the sex toy industry by allowing couples to play together when they were faraway through the use of their app. As someone who tried it and wore it around town FOR THE SAKE OF SCIENCE, I can attest to it being awesome. But more importantly, the fact that it’s available at a pharmacy is really big news. Once upon a time purchasing sex toys meant going to shady sex shops (I’m talking way before Babeland), off some equally shady highway, and feeling ashamed that you’d even want a vibrator in the first place. I’m so happy I live in this era and not that one, because what a bummer.

Although The Fling isn’t the first vibrator to hit a pharmacy (Trojan had a line of vibrators that hit Walgreens a couple years ago), this is further proof that we’re continuing to move in a more sex positive direction where masturbation is no longer shameful and is really essential in making sure all women (and men), everywhere, engage in one of the healthiest and safest sex there is. Now if only someone could point that out to places like Alabama where the sale of sex toys is illegal.

Here are four reasons why vibrators should be available at pharmacies.

1. It’s Necessary Proof That Attitudes About Sex Are Changing

Although some religions still strongly frown upon it, as in it’s completely off limits, the rest of the world is up to date on just how important masturbation is to human sexuality. The fact that vibrators can now be found in the same aisle as condoms and lubes at a pharmacy is proof of this evolution toward a world where maybe we can all just be happily sex positive together.

2. Majority Of Women Need Clitoral Stimulation To Orgasm

Only 25 percent of women can orgasm through vaginal intercourse alone. What this means for the other 75 percent of women is that we need our clit to be stimulated in one way or another. While our partners hands and/or tongue are always a good time, a vibrator takes the load off both partners, and hands and tongues can go to other fun places. 

3. It Provides Easy Access Without The Shame

Despite the fact that there should be absolutely no shame attached in purchasing a vibrator or even wanting to buy one, for some women it's still an awkward and taboo thing to do. For those women who can't fathom going into a store like Babeland (although you really should, if you haven't!), having access to vibrators at their local pharmacy doesn't just make it easier for them, but it also gives them more of the emotional support that says, "Yes, this is an OK thing to buy. It's at a pharmacy, which is all about health, so this vibrator must be healthy, too." And it is. 

4. It Gives Women Less Expensive Options

Anyone who's ever bought a vibrator knows the things can cost a pretty penny. On average they can cost between $100 and $200, and as much as $18,000, if you want to drop that type of cash. But the best part about vibrators at pharmacies is the price is much less and always under $100. Sure, you won't be rubbing your clit with a gold plated "pleasure seed," but you'll definitely get a bang (pun!) for your buck. 

Images: Fotolia; Giphy(4)

Must Reads