Why Corinne Isn’t Returning To ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Marks A Respectful Departure

Following news that Warner Bros. has closed its investigation into the alleged misconduct on set, Corinne Olympios announced she won't be returning to Bachelor in Paradise after all. Through a statement from her rep, Olympios told Bustle:

My team’s investigation into this matter has now been completed to my satisfaction. I am also happy about the changes that have been made to the production of Bachelor in Paradise. While I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to have been a participant on The Bachelor, and while I was invited to return to Bachelor in Paradise when production resumed, I respectfully made the decision not to return.

Her comments come on the heels of reports that Olympios and DeMario Jackson had been involved in an alleged sexual encounter in which Olympios may have been too drunk to consent, according to People. Jackson has repeatedly denied the allegations, alleged that Olympios was the aggressor, and also reportedly won't return to the show.

Production for Bachelor in Paradise was suspended while Warner Bros. looked into the incident, but will resume now that their investigation has found no evidence of wrongdoing. Olympios' lawyers were still looking into the matter, but her statement confirms they, too, have concluded. In the weeks since, Bachelor in Paradise has taken steps to prevent future incidents, including reportedly limiting contestants' alcohol intake and implementing a rumored new rule that requires contestants to inform producers before having sex on set — both of which Olympios said she's happy with.

ABC/Mitch Haaseth

Olympios went on to clarify her previous statement, in which she claimed she was a victim and was seeking therapy to "begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma" and legal action to "obtain justice" and "bring to light" the events of that evening. She continued:

In light of the overwhelming amount of misinformation that has been spread in the media, I want to clarify a few things. My intent over the past few weeks has been to learn and understand what happened on June 4. While I never filed complaints or accusations against anyone associated with Bachelor in Paradise, my team and I felt it was very important to be thorough in getting to the bottom of what had occurred. I felt victimized by the fact that others were judging me through conflicting and unsubstantiated reports, while I myself had no recollection of the events that transpired.

And finally, she explained that while she understood the public interest regarding the situation, she's done addressing it for now. Her statement continued, "I understand the media’s interest in this story, and I greatly appreciate my fans’ concerns for my well-being, but I think it is best if I keep any further thoughts private for now."

All in all, it seems both parties are satisfied with the results of their respective investigations, and hopefully can move on from this chapter once and for all.