Will Corinne Return To 'Bachelor In Paradise'? It May Not Be The Best Idea...

Joe Scarnici/Getty Images Entertainment/Getty Images

After a whirlwind week, it's been announced that Bachelor in Paradise will resume filming Season 4 and the show is still set to air this summer. But beyond that, details remain unknown. Surely fans are wondering if Corinne Olympios will return to Bachelor in Paradise when the cameras start back up. However, TMZ reported that no decisions have been made about whether Olympios will appear on the show. (Bustle reached out to Olympios' rep for comment, but did not receive an immediate response.)

As a recap, it was announced on June 11 that production on BiP was suspended over allegations of misconduct. It was reported that the misconduct involved an alleged sexual encounter that reportedly may not have been consensual between DeMario Jackson and a female contestant, who publications later identified as Olympios. (Jackson called the allegations "malicious" and referred to them as "false claims" in his full statement, below.)

Once the rumors began to spread, Olympios' rep released a statement last Wednesday on her behalf, where the reality star said that she's a "victim" and admitted she doesn't remember much from that night. Still, she claimed, "something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production."

ABC/Mitch Haaseth

While Warner Bros. and ABC have concluded their investigation and production will resume, Olympios' lawyer, Martin Singer, has made clear that his team isn't done investigating. In a statement on Tuesday, he released a statement to Bustle, stating:

“It needs to be made crystal clear that production of 'Bachelor in Paradise' was shut down because of multiple complaints received from 'BIP' producers and crew members on the set. It was not shut down due to any complaint filed by Corinne against anyone.
It comes as no surprise that Warner Bros., as a result of its own internal Investigation, would state that no wrong doing had occurred. Our own investigation will continue based on multiple new witnesses coming forward revealing what they saw and heard.”

When Bustle reached out, Warner Bros. had no comment on the above statement. However, I'd imagine that if Olympios' legal team is still investigating, it'd make it difficult for her to participate on the show. At this point, it really seems unlikely that any good could come from her returning to the show, unless it was some kind of sit-down to share her side of the allegations.

And based on fans' reactions on Twitter, they're not necessarily hoping for Olympios or Jackson to head back to paradise either.

As far as Bachelor in Paradise's return, only a few details have been confirmed thus far. In a statement to Bustle on Tuesday, Warner Bros. said,

“As we previously stated, we recently became aware of allegations regarding an incident on the set of 'Bachelor in Paradise' in Mexico. We take all such allegations seriously. The safety, security and well-being of the cast and crew is our number one concern, and we suspended filming so that the allegations could be investigated immediately and thoroughly. Our internal investigation, conducted with the assistance of an outside law firm, has now been completed. Out of respect for the privacy interests of those involved, we do not intend to release the videotape of the incident. We can say, however, that the tape does not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member. Nor does the tape show, contrary to many press reports, that the safety of any cast member was ever in jeopardy. Production on this season of 'Bachelor in Paradise' will be resuming, and we plan to implement certain changes to the show’s policies and procedures to enhance and further ensure the safety and security of all participants.”

Meanwhile, ABC shared the following statement: “We appreciate the swift and complete investigation by Warner Bros. into allegations of misconduct on the set of Bachelor in Paradise. Given their results, the series will resume production, and will air this summer on ABC.”

While he hasn't commented on the latest news, Jackson's rep released a statement to E! News last Wednesday:

"It's unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations. I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws."

As Olympios' lawyer's latest statement makes clear, this situation isn't over yet. But Olympios returning to Bachelor in Paradise isn't all that likely.