22 Times Kim Kardashian Was You On Thanksgiving
As Thanksgiving approaches, I can't help but reflect on the things I'm thankful for this year. Of course, there are the obvious ones: family, friends, and food. But I'm also grateful for the television shows I watch on a weekly basis. Among the many amazing shows out there, Keeping Up With the Kardashians is definitely on the list. What else would keep me amused for hours at a time? While the show focuses on the entire Kardashian-Jenner family, Kim Kardashian is truly the star. It really wouldn’t be the same without her.
One of the best things about the reality star is that she always puts her family first. Whether watching North West play soccer or helping throw Kris Jenner a glamorous Great Gatsby party, Kim Kardashian prioritizes the people she loves. That's not only the theme of her TV show, but it's also an important message on Thanksgiving.
To get into the holiday spirit, here's a round-up of moments when Kim Kardashian perfectly captured how you feel on Thanksgiving. Ever since she gave us the now-famous catchphrase, "I was feeling my look! Can I live?!?", she became my kind of spokesperson; the examples below are no exception. From dodging awkward dinner conversations to getting pumped for Black Friday shopping, there's a Kim-ism for every Turkey Day scenario.
1. When You Wake Up On Thursday Morning
It's finally here! The meal you've been waiting an entire year for.
2. When You Eat A Light Breakfast To Save Room For Dinner
To try and have an empty stomach, you only eat a light breakfast and lunch. By "light," I mean only a few slices of pizza. Maybe just a handful of cookies.
3. When You Find The Perfect Holiday Outfit
It's a tricky balance to find a Thanksgiving outfit that's both stylish and comfortable. But then you discover the perfect ensemble hanging in the back of your closet. Score!
4. When You Hear The Magic Words: "Dinner Is Ready"
The moment everybody has been waiting for! There's a rush of excitement when it's finally time to eat.
5. When You Can't Decide What To Put On Your Plate
But wait, there are too many options to pick from. Look at all of these side dishes!
6. When People Argue Over Who Wants Light Or Dark Meat
No need to argue. All turkey is good turkey.
7. When You Have Your First Bite Of Food
What a moment!
8. When They Bring Out The Mashed Potatoes
Definitely the highlight of the entire meal.
9. When You're In The Zone & Enjoying Your Food
Suddenly, it's like no one else is in the room. Just you and your plate.
10. When You Struggle To Make Small Talk At The Table
"How's the weather?" "How's your job going?" "Do you watch Pretty Little Liars?" Sometimes coming up with convo starters is tough.
11. When You Run Out Of Biscuits
Biscuits with butter are one of the best parts of the meal... Unfortunately, everyone else thinks so too. When all the rolls are gone, it's tragic.
12. When You Try To Follow Along With Other People's Stories
Suddenly, your teenage cousins are trying to tell you about their love lives and you struggle to follow along. It's hard to keep up with kids these days.
13. When You Get Asked Endless Personal Questions
Ugh, it's like a never-ending game of 20 questions.
14. When It's Finally Time For Dessert
Forget about turkey, the desserts are where it's at.
15. When Your Mom Gives You The First Slice Of Pie
Thank you for this great honor!
16. When You Get Judgmental Looks For Photographing Your Food
Can't you just Instagram your desserts in peace?
17. When That One Relative Goes Off On A Rant
It's just like when Kanye went on his presidential rant at the VMAs. You don't know whether to laugh or cry.
18. When The Tryptophan Hits & You Need A Nap
After the meal, it's officially nap time.
19. When Someone Mentions The Phrase "Healthy Eating"
Or you know, maybe next week? Now is not the time to think of that.
20. When You Daydream About Black Friday Shopping
So much shopping to do, so little time!
21. When You Remember What Thanksgiving Is All About
At the end of the day, family trumps all.
22. When You Realize The Holiday Weekend Is Over
Wait, is it really over? Commence the Monday morning sadness.
Images: Giphy (22)