When it comes to delivering a solid 2014 year in review, Bustle writers have got you covered. For the last few weeks, we've reflected on the most memorable headlines of 2014, including everything from social media trends, to J. Law, to music, literature, politics, film, fashion, feminist moments, and now, finally — cheese. I know what you're thinking, and yes, we intentionally saved the absolute best for last.
Ah, the wondrous healing power of cheese. Whether savory, sweet, pungent, or mild, cheese has always been there for us when we needed her most. Those late nights grappling with redundant tasks from your horrible boss. Who provided that comforting 10 p.m. standing-in-the-refrigerator-while-eating dinner? Cheese. Those other late nights returning home from yet another Tinder douche disaster. Who restored your faith in humanity, bite by bite? Cheese, that's who.
And if it hasn't already been made clear with telling headlines like, “A Grilled Cheese Is Always Better Than a Boyfriend" and “Your New Dream Job: Professional Cheese Babysitter," I'd say it's sufficiently safe to conclude that Bustlers stand by their cheese. So in true year in review fashion, we decided to pay homage to life's simplest (and most delicious) treasure with a compilation of the seven cheeeeeeesiest quotes of 2014.
1. "Because eating a block of cheese like an apple is much more satisfying than eating an apple." — Kat George
2. "There’s no shame in getting emotional over food, especially when that food is grilled cheese." — Rebecca Deczynski
3. "You'd rather get a wedge of cheese than a box of chocolates on Valentine's Day. This? This is love." — Rachel Semigran
4. "Get your annual blood work done so you know for sure that you can continue inhaling mozzarella and Colby Jack with reckless abandon." — Chrissa Hardy
5. "... a bacon mac and cheese donut exists now, and as far as I’m concerned, it’s basically everything I never knew I wanted from this world." — Kathryn Kattalia
6. "Your relationship is a lie. Either you’re cheating on your partner or they are cheating on you, because no one, and I mean no one, actually says out loud that Swiss is their favorite cheese unless they are trying to hide something." — Hayley Mathis
7. "Grilled cheese in the morning, grilled cheese after your best friend bailed on you for lunch, grilled cheese when you’re at home sick and have snot running down your face, grilled cheese for dinner when the thought of dicing up anything with sufficient nutritional value is torturous and grotesque, grilled cheese at 3 a.m. when you’re too drunk to drive to Taco Bell, grilled cheese ALL THE TIME." — Gina Vaynshteyn
Images: seoulfuladventures/Flickr; Giphy (7)