There's no relationship in the universe like one between two best friends. They're the person you call at 3 a.m. when you're having a bad day, they're the ones you text first when you have exciting news, and they're the ones you consider family even if you're not blood-related. Let's be real, that's probably more than most can say their romantic relationships have been like! That's why I propose that this Valentine's Day, even if you have a bae you're looking forward to celebrating with, we should all make an effort to honor our true soulmates, our best friends. One of the easiest ways to do this? Settle on an Instagram caption about your best friend to post on Valentine's Day.
Don't get me wrong: with Valentine's Day coming, up you may have been thinking about romantic love as the only type to celebrate on the day. Or, if you're single, you might be taking it as a day to either celebrate your singledom or swipe through matches on dating apps, depending on how you feel about being single. But Valentine's Day should celebrate any kind of love you have in your life, — including the love between best friends. If you want to use the day to thank the world for bringing them into your life, why shouldn't you?
Looking to celebrate the love you have for your best friend? Read on for best friend quotes to use as Instagram captions this Valentine's Day.
1. "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one." — C.S. Lewis
2. "I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light." — Helen Keller
3. "Some people arrive and make such a beautiful impact on your life, you can barely remember what life was like without them." — Ann Taylor
4. "Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing." — Elie Wiesel
5. "A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow." — William Shakespeare
6. "Some souls just understand each other upon meeting." — N.R. Hart
7. "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." — Albert Camus
8. "Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down." — Oprah Winfrey
9. "Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." — Anaïs Nin
10. "True friends are like diamonds — bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style." — Nicole Richie
11. "A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself — and especially to feel, or not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at any moment is fine with them. That's what real love amounts to — letting a person be what he really is." — Jim Morrison
12. "I get by with a little help from my friends." — The Beatles
13. "The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart." — Elizabeth Foley
14. "It’s the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter." — Marlene Dietrich
15. "I have your back. I didn’t mean only when it’s easy. All the time." — Veronica Roth
16. "Female friendship has been the bedrock of women’s lives for as long as there have been women." — Rebecca Traister
17. "Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer." — Unknown
18. "In my friend, I find a second self." - Isabel Norton
19. "Maybe our girlfriends are our soulmates and guys are just people to have fun with." - Candace Bushnell
20. "There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate." — Linda Grayson
21. A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked." — Bernard Meltzer
There are many types of love in this world and romantic is just one of them. Your best friend and you have a special, irreplaceable bond. Celebrate it this Valentine's Day — and maybe post a nice Instagram about it.