If it's been a while since you last watched One Tree Hill, then you may have forgotten the pure awesomeness of Brooke Davis. The show's smart, sassy cheerleader-turned-entrepreneur is one of teen TV's best characters. Need convincing? Look no further than these Brooke Davis One Tree Hill quotes that still hold up to this day.
Times may have changed, but the wit and wisdom of Brooke never goes out of style. Unlike some of the show's sartorial choices, there's just no expiration date on good advice or badassery. And Sophia Bush's character possessed plenty of both. Whether she was cheering on her best friend forever Peyton or touting her own indisputable cool credentials, Brooke always served up a dose of undiluted honesty to all those who had the privilege of being in her presence.
From her wild child teen years to her the time she spent as a total boss when the show's time jump catapulted the characters into adulthood, Brooke spent nine seasons totally owning One Tree Hill. Even if you don't have time for a full rewatch, these flawless quotes will remind you of just how amazing and candid Brooke Davis could be. She's still one of the coolest people to ever grace your TV screen, and these timeless quotes will remind you why.
1. "There's a day when you realize that you're not just a survivor, you're a warrior. You're tougher than anything life throws your way."
If Brooke says you're a warrior, you're a warrior, people.
2. "At the end of the day, you are who you are, and it's probably who you've always been."
This is such a beautiful ode to self-acceptance that it deserves to be on a poster.
3. "People are gonna label you. It’s how you overcome those labels, that's what matter."
Resiliency was one of Brooke's defining traits, and quotes like this one illustrate why she was so amazing at picking herself up no matter what life threw at her.
4. "You think you know me but you don't. And that means you don't know what I can do."
Sometimes it felt like everyone underestimated Brooke, but that was their problem because there was nothing she couldn't conquer.
5. "Love can be for a boy or a girl or a place or a way of life or even for a family. Where you find it is up to you."
Brooke's love life had its ups and downs, but that's exactly why she understood how important it is to surround yourself with people that you care about.
6. "First you're gonna let go. Now were going to sit, and you are going to cry on my shoulder for as long as you need to."
This will always be the ultimate best friend rallying cry.
7. "I am who am. No excuses."
Owning who you are can be hard sometimes, but Brooke always made it look easy.
8. "You don't get to have me, not my body, and sure as hell not my heart."
Brooke standing up for herself will never go out of style.
9. "When you stop fighting, you stop living. We all need that thing that's worth fighting for. Maybe it's a certain someone, or a special place, maybe just an idea. So find your fight, and fight like hell, 'til your battle is won."
This quote is pure motivation fuel. Read it, memorize it, and then live it, because Brooke knows what's up.
10. "And once you lose yourself, you have two choices: find the person you used to be... or lose that person completely."
Moving on is rarely ever easy, but Brooke understood the importance of starting fresh.
11. "If you had a friend you knew you'd never see again, what would you say? If you could do one last thing for someone you love, what would it be? Say it. Do it. Don't wait. Nothing lasts forever."
Brooke never shied away from handing out the hard advice.
12. "I used to be a bit of a b*tch just for the sake of being one, but now I am a b*tch for the sake of my friends and family. You do not want to test that!"
Face it: Brooke Davis is an actual queen.
13. "Sometimes my heart aches at how my life turned out... in a good way."
Thank the TV gods for Brooke. Not only are her quotes timeless, so is she.
If you ever need a reminder of how awesome you are or that the hard times will get better, then look no further than Brooke and her words of hard-earned wisdom.