Staying healthy is rarely passive. Your body does a lot of the work itself, but it also asks for (or demands) attention and effort from you, from making sure you get enough exercise, water, and sleep to researching what is going on with these headaches you're having and who you should see about them. It requires managing anxiety — it's almost never the worst case scenario — and navigating costs. It calls on you to articulate for someone else what is going on internally and advocating for yourself if you aren't getting the care you need.
To help you do all of that, we have created Bustle's Your Health, A to Z. Below, you'll find all of our health stories so you can seek out reporting and expertise relevant to you.
At Bustle our health coverage is governed by these foundational ideas:
- Nothing your body does is shameful or gross.
- You have the right to know anything you want to know about how bodies in general and your body, specifically, work.
- Your lived experience of your body is patently true, should be believed, and should guide any care or treatment you receive.
- Everyone should be guaranteed care.
- Mental health is as important as physical health.
- You alone have the right to make decisions about your health.
You'll find the answers you need here. And if you have an issue you can’t find information about or can’t get anyone to take seriously, we’re interested. Tweet us @Bustle, and we’ll look into it.